Our Booking Conditions
As an ABTA Tour Operator and travel agent, STITA Tours (the Company) specialise in arranging escorted tours, holidays and cruises etc., on a world-wide basis.
STITA Tours, as members of the Association of British Travel Agents - Tour Operators section and licensed by the Civil Aviation Authority (ATOL No.0570) are fully bonded for the financial protection of their clients.
1. To make a reservation, complete the booking form and send it directly to STITA Tours, together with the appropriate deposit which will be shown on the itinerary. No contract shall exist until a signed booking form has been received and confirmed in writing. Payment of the balance of the holiday price will normally be due 30 days prior to date of departure.
2. The price of your tour or holiday is subject to surcharges on the following items: government action, currency, aircraft fuel, overflying charges, airport charges and increases in scheduled air fares. Even in this case, we will absorb an amount equivalent to 2% of the holiday price which excludes insurance premiums and any amendment charges. Only amounts in excess of this 2% will be surcharged. If this means paying more than 10% of the tour or holiday price, you will be entitled to cancel your tour or holiday with a full refund of all money paid except for any premium paid to us for travel insurance and amendment charges. Should you decide to cancel because of this, you must exercise your right to do so within 14 days from the issue date printed on the invoice. The price of the tours or holidays is based on the Financial Times world value of the pound as at the date at which the price was finalised which is clearly shown on the itinerary.
3. After booking has been confirmed, or after commencement of your tour, if amendments are requested to the travel arrangements, every effort will be made to meet these requests, where possible, and a supplementary cost charged, where appropriate.
4. If you wish to cancel your tour, holiday or cruise, notification must be sent in writing to:
STITA Tours, 1 Bath Street, Cheltenham, Glos., GL50 1YE. Every refund will be treated on its merits and the deposit will not automatically be forfeited, if a reservation is cancelled six weeks prior to departure. The following scale of cancellation charges may be applied: Before 42 days: Loss of deposit. 42-29 days before departure: 30% of total cost. 28-15 days before departure: 45% of total cost. 14-1 days before departure: 60% of total cost. On day of departure: 100% of total cost.
5. No refund can be given on meals, rooms, excursions, etc, included in the cost of the tour, but not taken or lost, mislaid or destroyed travel tickets/vouchers, etc.
6. Tours and holidays in our itineraries, leaflets or brochures are based on group fares and group hotel rates and in the event of not reaching the minimum numbers of passengers, the right is reserved to cancel the departure and make an alternative offer or full refund. Clients will be advised, as far in advance as possible, of any cancellations and tours will not be cancelled once a final invoice has been issued (or less than 30 days prior to departure, whichever is the earlier) except as the result of force majeure. In the unlikely event of cancellation within 30 days of departure, compensation will be paid as follows: 30-15 days £5.00 per person 14-1 days £10.00 per person.
7. The right is reserved to make significant alterations (including changes to airline arrangements) to previously confirmed holiday arrangements if done so not less than 14 days prior to departure, or less in the case of force maieure. In both cases the client shall be informed directly and shall reserve the right to cancel with a full refund of all monies paid. Where force majeure does not apply to significant alterations the scale of compensation shown in the previous clause will also apply.
8. We accept responsibility should the services we are contractually obliged to provide prove deficient or not of reasonable standard. We also accept responsibility for the acts and/or omissions of our employees, agents, subcontractors and suppliers save that we do not accept responsibility for the death, injury or illness of any person named on the booking form unless caused by the proven negligence of our employees, agents, subcontractors or suppliers acting in the course of their employment.
Our obligations and responsibilities in the respect of travel by air and sea are limited in the manner provided by International Convention, and the Conditions of Carriage of the relevant carriers, copies of which can be made available on request.
Should you or any member of your party suffer illness, personal injury or death through any misadventure arising out of an activity which does not form part of the tour or holiday arrangements, nor part of any excursion sold through us, we shall, subject to reasonable discretion, offer every assistance we can. This includes advice, guidance and financial assistance where appropriate up to a limit of £5,000 per person. In the event of a successful claim for costs against a 3rd party or there being suitable insurance policies in force, costs incurred by us shall be recoverable from the client. The company shall have no liability whatsoever in respect of the loss or damage of any kind caused by wars, revolutions, terrorist activities, riots, civil commotion, strikes, lockouts, industrial disputes (provided the company is not a party to such a dispute). floods, storms, failure of public utilities, mechanical breakdown or by other events amounting to force majeure.
9. It is the responsibility of the passenger to ensure that he/she is in possession of a full valid British Passport endorsed where required with a valid entry visa for the country to be visited and that the necessary health requirements are met.
10. In the event of an aspect of your holiday arrangements not meeting your satisfaction while on holiday, you should immediately report this to the tour manager who will endeavour to correct the matter immediately. If the problem still has not been resolved on your return to the UK, then it should be notified in writing to this office within 28 days of the completion of your holiday. No liability can be accepted for claims not notified in that period.
11. The Agreement shall be governed by English Law. Any dispute in connection with the Agreement which cannot be amicably settled may, if the client so wishes, be referred to arbitration under a special scheme which though devised by arrangement with the Association of British Travel Agents, is administered quite independently by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. The scheme (details of which will be supplied on request) provide for a simple and inexpensive method of arbitration on documents alone with a limited liability on the customer in respect of the costs. The scheme does not apply to claims for an amount greater than £1,500 per person or £7,500 per booking form, or to claims which are solely or mainly in respect of physical injury or illness or the consequences of such injury or illness. If the client elects to seek redress under this scheme, written notice requesting arbitration under the scheme must. be made within nine months after the scheduled date of return from the holiday.
12. Any itineraries, brochures or leaflets are issued on the sole responsibility of the Tour Operator, are not issued on behalf of, and do not commit any airline whose services are used in these tours.
13. It is strongly recommended that all clients take out travel insurance, and a proposal form will be sent.
14. The cost of tours or holidays in our itineraries, leaflets or brochures include return air or ferry tickets, hotel accommodation in rooms with twin beds and facilities, breakfast, other meals as per itinerary, charter coaches for transfers, sightseeing etc., porterage of one suitcase per person, service of a STITA Tour Manager, unless stated otherwise.
15. The conditions of any itineraries, leaflets or brochures are subject to English Law.